Company Mission and Highlights:
mPulse Mobile, the leader in mobile health engagement, drives improved health outcomes and business efficiencies by engaging individuals with tailored and meaningful dialogue. mPulse Mobile combines technology, analytics and industry expertise that helps healthcare organizations activate their consumers to adopt healthy behaviors. With 9 years, 60+ healthcare customers, and more than a hundred million messages sent annually, mPulse Mobile has the data, the experience and the technology to drive healthy behavior change.
Our Core Values:
- Model Integrity and Collaboration
- Drive Innovation and Thought Leadership
- Support Decision Making at All Levels
- Create Value for Clients by Empowering Consumers
- Improve Customer Experience Through Simple Design
- Celebrate Success… Often
Purpose of the Role:
mPulse Mobile is looking for talented Software Engineer that will fit into internal technology team. This role is primarily focused will be involved in a combination of new feature development, API enhancement, optimization, client integration support and product maintenance. In addition, this role will collaborate with our offshore development partner to continue to deliver and support a high quality intelligent mobile messaging product. Finally, based on seniority and experience, the role will include mentoring and training of junior engineering team members.
The ideal candidate is a mid-level software engineer having worked with technologies used by mPulse, such as Python, Postgres, SQL and other web engineering technologies. He or she should also have a passion for making the consumer healthcare experience better using communication technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and provide detailed defect reports and feature requests.
- Provide technical product support to customers as well as internal staff, through web interface, via email and phone when appropriate.
- Document problem resolutions in our defect tracking system.
- Provide guidance to non-technical team members researching technical issues.
- Work with development, testing and documentation teams during product development cycle to ensure quality control.
- Investigate, develop and present formal and informal training on ms4 and ms5 products and support issues.
- Co-author training plans and support new product team members as well as key customers.
- Experience troubleshooting mobile applications and operating system problems.
Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- High level proficiency in Python language with at least 2+ years of professional experience in Python.
- Good command over advanced Python concepts such as iterators, generators, list comprehensions.
- SQL query writing and experience working with ORMs such as SQL Alchemy.
- Hands-on experience in SQL (Postgres).
- Proficiency on the LINUX (CentOS) command line and in UNIX shell scripting.
- Python and SQL profiling/tuning experience would be a nice to have.
- Professional experience using RabbitMQ, Celery, Redis, and SQLAlchemy.
- Healthcare industry experience is a big plus.
- Preferred B.S or equivalent experience in technology related field such as Computer Science, Business Administration or Marketing.
- Strong aptitude and passion for technology and technology related innovation.
- Ability to think creatively and excellent problem solving skills.
- Extreme patience, ability to listen, a sense of humor and a controlled tenacity for delivering results.
- Willing to quickly learn new methodologies and systems.
- Must have strong sense of urgency and experience working with internal and external member teams.
- Can take charge and thrive in uncharted territory or ambiguous circumstances.
- Strong analytical skill set to decipher client needs and recommend solutions.
- Enjoy Unlimited PTO and flexible work hours.
- Full Vision, Dental and Healthcare - all individual premiums paid by mPulse!
- 401K Program with a 4% match.
- Weekly team lunches to celebrate victories.
- Paid Parking as well as Car Pooling incentives.
- Laptop fitness stations.
- Ping pong conference table and Foosball.
- Free snacks and drinks.
mPulse Mobile, Inc.
Attn: HR Dept.
16530 Ventura Blvd, Suite #500
Encino, CA 91436
(mPulse is an Equal Opportunity Employer)