Company Mission and Highlights:
mPulse is a Mobile Experience Management (MXM) company focused on consumer health and wellness. Our cloud-based intelligent mobile messaging solution is HIPAA compliant and offers pre-configured message workflows that tackle many of the industry’s most expensive challenges such as missed appointments, medication adherence, and disease management. Our focus is on incorporating contextual and personalized data to increase message relevancy. We collaborate with Pharma, Payers, Providers, and Population Health companies to develop innovative messaging solutions.
Our Core Values:
- Model Integrity and Collaboration
- Drive Innovation and Thought Leadership
- Support Decision Making at All Levels
- Create Value for Clients by Empowering Consumers
- Improve Customer Experience Through Simple Design
- Celebrate Success… Often
Purpose of the Role:
mPulse Mobile is looking for a Technical Product Manager who will report to the CTO and be responsible for managing the strategic direction of mPulse’s platform and APIs in support of app development, third-party integration, open data exchange, and the underlying technologies supporting the platform. This key Product Management position will lead product planning and execution throughout the product development lifecycle, including: the definition of the market/opportunity, defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product, customer, and third-party integrator requirements, and working closely with all organizational units to ensure that profitability and client satisfaction goals are met.
The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in technology, perhaps as an engineer, technical lead, or project manager, who also has an aptitude and interest for defining product requirements and direction and can work with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the requirements and strategic direction around core technologies, including the development of product and technical requirements definition and documentation, and product release schedule.
- Work in conjunction with a team of Software Engineers, Account Managers, and UX Designers that provide ongoing management for existing products.
- Assess clients’ and prospects' needs, technology trends, and major competitors in order to synthesize product and technical requirements; utilize market/client/industry research and analysis to develop and maintain a long-range product and technology road map.
- Act as key product and technology evangelist and authority for platform and APIs, including providing transfer of information and product familiarization on both current product functionality and new product enhancements at user conferences and industry and organization events, and to third-party integrators and integration projects.
- Lead Product and Technology Envisioning Sessions with customers and interdepartmental teams to define product and technology requirements and strategies.
- Develop Product Requirements Documents that define product enhancements and development initiatives.
- Manage the development of prototypes illustrating specific product enhancements and development initiatives.
- Assume ownership of all product deliverables throughout all phases of the Product Life Cycle.
- Assume direct ownership of key product deliverables such as concept and requirements definition documents, and sales and marketing tools.
- Coordinate and manage the efforts of cross-departmental personnel during Product Life Cycle.
- Facilitate business process changes as required to improve organizational and product line performance.
- Regularly interact with industry leaders and target users to stay abreast of industry changes.
- Participate in product design activities that generate user friendly solutions that provide clear end-user benefits and differentiation from competitor products.
- Minimal travel to client locations as need (expected to be less than 10% travel).
Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or other technology or domain-related field.
- 3-5 years' experience managing platform products and technology and associated APIs and SDKs, preferably in the mobile messaging space.
- Ability to develop technical product specifications.
- Solid understanding of application architectures, databases, APIs, etc.
- 1 - 2 years of software development experience a plus.
- Experience with mobile applications and app development highly desirable.
- Goal-oriented, with ability to not only conceptualize products but also manage and optimize them throughout their lifecycle.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage and develop various products at different stages.
- Excellent communication skills, to both internal and external stakeholders, both oral and written, including authorship of product-related documentation.
- Must work well as a part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Extreme patience, ability to listen, a sense of humor and a controlled tenacity for delivering results is a must.
- Must have strong sense of urgency and experience working with internal and external member teams.
- Ability to think creatively and excellent problem solving skills.
- Can take charge and thrive in uncharted territory or ambiguous circumstances.Strong analytical skill set to decipher client needs and recommend solutions.